Wednesday, December 19, 2007

DARE I SAY MORE BLING?

The last hoorah at the local 'Establishment' just had to happen - I accept that. What I almost fell off my chair with was what happened later in the evening. 1st of all can I say, M made me do it! - those tears spilling over don't come for any old soppy movie but when someone you know, knows you so well and they (in conjunction with others - but I know it was you!) do so something so special - even I had to shed a few (tears that is not kilo's unfortunately). Once again the photo can not do it justice but after 8 or 9 attempts I figured this was as good as it was going to get tonight (especially after a few champagnes). I have to let you know the inscription inside the card which I read before I opened the gift hidden in a Crabtree & Evelyn bag - little did I know. It said;


A Suitcase ... because you're leaving

A Four-leafed clover ... for luck

A Snowman ... because it's Christmas

An Elephant ... so you don't forget us


Love from your friends


These were the four charms on a beautiful silver Pandora bracelet. Let me ask you this - who wouldn't get emotional?


A special thank you to D for organising a lovely farewell and to you M for being so knowing.



2 comments:

M said...

Ah well ArmyWife, you deserve it.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

What a lovely gift!

All the best for your move.